Monday, November 7, 2011

Typewriters

So...I'm pretty sure I was born in the wrong era. I have this obsession for all things vintage. One of my new favorite obsessions, however, is the love of typewriters. Seriously geeky? Yes, I know. I love to write. Truth of the matter is, I don't even like typing things up on my laptop. I love looking at my messy rough drafts (and believe me, they are messy) and seeing how many revisions I've made and just how far I've come. I'm very much a perfectionist when it comes to my writing projects whether it be poetry or a research paper, I will change something every single time I read it. Something about doing things the old fashioned way really intrigues me. I remember having a typewriter in our laundry room, which used to have a yellow desk in it, when I was really little. I loved it! Ever since I've wanted to be able to use a typewriter. Don't get me wrong, I'm very much accustomed to the convenience of my laptop and it's super handy, but I get great satisfaction from putting that little extra work into my writing. And it doesn't stop there! It's not just the idea of using a typewriter that I love but also pictures of them and using antique typewriters as decorations. How can you not love these magical things? So they're a little outdated...okay okay, they're obsolete. In my mind, though, there is still a definite place for them in our modern world of i-pads and macbooks. Take a look. I'm sure you'll agree and fall in love with them as I have.






Also, I'm sure you've noticed that I have been remodeling my page. Don't worry, there's reason to my madness! I'll post about it and explain shortly. =) 

No comments: