Thursday, December 15, 2011

Let's Run Away to an Artist Colony

I finally finished all of my finals today!!! I'm very confident that I got A's in all of them...except Macroecon. I really have no idea where I stand with that class because he refused to post our grades all semester so...no one really knows. Either way, I'm just glad it's over. But, on a more cheerful note, I got my final portfolio for my poetry class back today and my professor loved my work! So that definitely made my day. =) Ahh writing classes...how I love you. 
I've also discovered why some of my classes, (such as calculus, political science, and economics) are so hard for me to focus on. They bore me. Eventually I force myself to study and do well but it takes a lot of self-control. Let me give you an idea of what yesterday, my day which was supposed to be devoted to studying, looked like:

Study for 15 mins
Sing for 30 mins
Study for 10 mins
Dance for 25 mins
Study for 12 mins
Jam out to The Beatles for 45 mins
Study for 3 mins
Dance
Eat
Study for 16 mins
Talk on the phone...and sing simultaneously
Study for .2 mins
Give up for the night

And I did all that by myself.
Because I'm just that cool.
I wonder what my neighbors think?

I wish I could tell you I was joking and that I actually sat down and studied hard without wasting any time...I cannot. That sort of hardcore studying didn't kick in until this morning and then I studied for 6 hours straight with only a 5 minute lunch break. I do well under pressure but until I hit panic mode? I'd much rather prance around my apartment singing and dancing.
My writing classes, on the other hand, I don't even need to give myself pep-talks for. I just love doing it. 

Speaking of writing, the strangest thing happened to me the other day. I wrote a 6 page paper in Spanish...and the next day when I went to write a paper for my Bio class...I couldn't. It was as if I'd forgotten how to write in English. After a few tries I got it and then everything went back to normal.

Today after finals my roommate and I decided to paint. 
Her awesome boyfriend (They really are too cute. Seriously, the way they look at each other? Ah. I die.) got her these super nice watercolors for Christmas and I, being the total moocher that I am, was able to enjoy them as well. She experimented with duct tape and made some pretty rad abstract art and I painted the nativity scene to look like those little willow tree people.
You know, kinda like this. Except not at all.Because I'm not that good. 
That's why I write, because my brush strokes are mediocre at best.

My roommate loves to paint and I love to write.
 I've decided that we need to run away to an artist's colony, if only for a few weeks.
How's that sound?
You could come too.

No comments: