Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Note Taking and Tricks Up the Ol' Sleeve

This afternoon there was another group outside the student union telling people if they were going to heaven or...not. Everyone besides them fit into the "not" category. I'm pretty sure it's the same people who called me a whore-monger last week. (Although, apparently, that's only what guys are called. Girls are just plain old whores. They cleared this all up for us today, it was quite considerate really.) Anyway, I sat back from the crowd just enough to avoid all of the chaos but still close enough to hear them and took notes for a paper I'm going to write. For over an hour. I probably looked like a creep sitting there observing everyone, all the while my little pencil scratching away. Love it. That's why I'm going into writing. Anyway, after collecting about 4 pages of notes I headed on back to my apartment. As I was pulling in I saw a HyVee van. "Hmm," I thought, "someone must be getting a delivery." And then I continued on up to my little living space. (Which I LOVE, by the way. Having my own place is super exciting! Stephanie and I had our first movie party last weekend and hosted our Sunday dinner. I feel as if we're little Martha Stewarts!) Then I got a phone call from the apartment complex. What the heck!? I'm not late for any bills. So, of course I answered it to find out what was going on. "You have a delivery. Would you like me to bring it up to you?" Omygoodness! A delivery for me! I wasn't expecting anything to come so this was a nice little surprise. What could it be?! When she (Hannah is her name) got to my door I, of course, opened it and I had flowers! It wasn't my birthday or Valentines Day and no one had died or anything so I was pretty sure this might be a mistake. But alas, it was no mistake. I had gone on a nice, casual, fun date last weekend and he, the guy I went on the date with, had sent me flowers just because.  Someone had sent me flowers just because! No one had ever sent me flowers just because. I always wanted to get flowers just because! =) Oh and did I mention there was also a cute little teddy bear tied on with a ribbon? No? Well there was. Ooh buddy...we're playing hardball now and you sure have some good tricks up your sleeve.



No comments: